On April 25 NGN Group has launched Star of Bosphorus Data Center – the first commercial, carrier-neutral and totally seismic protected data center in Turkey. Star of Bosphorus offers consulting, cloud, application management, disaster recovery, backup and business continuity, security, data storage and colocation services to a wide range of companies. SOB is one of the few data centers in the world to have passed an independent PEER Review by ARUP (ARUP – independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists behind some of the world’s most ambitious structures).
CROC, a strategic partner of NNTC and NGN, provided consultancy services during the project implementation. CROC’s team, having already completed a number of data center projects around the globe, shared its expertise with NGN in IT-solutions development, conducted a technical audit of the data center building and its equipment with engineering and seismic protection systems.
“Our partner CROC has demonstrated very strong expertise in the project on building this unique data center in aseismic region. Combining CROC’s vast experience with NNTC’s innovative solutions, we are ready to transfer its expertise to the UAE and take up projects of any scale: from data centers building to targeted projects on data centers’ costs reduction and performance maximization”, – says Dmitry Doshaniy, Country General Manager at NNTC.
- Scalability and flexibility: 4 data center modules in two separate buildings are equipped with the most advanced cooling and power distribution technologies
- Reliability and data safety: the data center provides uninterrupted operations and data security even in emergency situations
- Total seismic protection: Star of Bosphorus ensures total protection in accordance with the internationally-recognized FEMA standards thanks to its complete structural seismic isolation
- Operational continuity: the data center has a great number of personnel, offers a high level of business and supplier management
- International certification: Star of Bosphorus received the Uptime Institute Tier III design and facility certificate and LEED Gold certificate
Cutting edge managed services, experienced staff, international certifications and high-quality standards make Star of Bosphorus Data Center an unparalleled facility for corporate clients considering reliability and uninterrupted operation as a top priority.
İnanç Erol, Chairman of Board of Directors and CEO at NGN comments: “Our target went beyond merely building a data center for our country: Star of Bosphorus Data Center will set new standards for the sector”.