Minimize human errors by practicing scheduled maintenance and emergency activities in a safe environment of VR training.
Why VR trainings are effective for water treatment companies?
Virtual reality provides the simulation of training scenarios that are hard or impossible to recreate in real life, such as power line accidents or high-voltage operations. Today, advanced manufacturers, including water treatment companies, actively adopt such solutions.
In the course of training, personnel can practice the scenario-based operation of water treatment equipment with visualization of all possible error consequences, and then pass an exam and start performing their duties right away. Such trainings reveal employee reactions to any emergency or tricky situations when the test doesn’t follow the usual scenario. The test results are always available for the employee’s supervisor.
Moreover, a full-fledged VR simulator is a cost-effective solution that will be five times less expensive than creating its physical analog. VR simulator is easier to scale. It can be flexibly adapted to the ever-changing infrastructure and equipment of water treatment facility compared to physical simulators, which quickly become outdated and take a lot of time and effort to be updated.
VR training details
VR training includes a hardware and software suite of interactive visualization tools with a set of training, hands-on, and testing scenarios. A virtual workplace simulates the real environment and equipment, while training scenarios represent routine and emergency procedures.
- Trainer. A trainer uses a training module to add users, assign training topics and testing, manage scenarios, and generate statistics on training results.
- Trainee. A trainee uses a VR simulator to practice routine procedures and take tests. However, trainees also can practice hands-on skills without a mentor at any time.
- Supervisor. A supervisor receives training or testing results in the form of an Excel spreadsheet report and video records of the completed session.
You can also track the specific metrics to evaluate the session’s or whole course’s effectiveness – detailed statistics show each employee’s retained knowledge and preparedness to work:
- Time to complete a training scenario. The time begins once the VR simulator is started, and stops, when a training scenario is completed. You can track how the learning pace of your personnel changes over time.
- Task fulfillment accuracy. This shows the percentage of actions performed correctly in training scenarios. You can track how the level and quality of personnel training change over time.
- The number of trainees per month. This shows how the number of personnel trained to perform the work changes over time.
What do you get in VR training format?
Spoiler: almost anything!
The training complex for the water treatment plant includes:
- Interactive maps of production areas with integrated training scenarios. We recreate not only rooms of your facility, but also the exterior premises with realistic interactive equipment.
- Training simulator for operating personnel based on the plant’s mathematical model (for example, a copy of the plant automated process control system).
- VR training simulator for maintenance personnel to train their repair and maintenance skills on requested equipment: decanter centrifuges, thermal dryers, solar dryers. Our team of qualified analysts and developers with experience in implementing VR simulators for industrial enterprises has all the required experience to recreate any equipment in VR (electrical safety, water treatment, health and safety, metallurgy, and more).
- VR simulator to practice any emergency drills: fire, flood, blackout, high altitude, explosives, high-pressure works, high voltage. Test your employees’ reactions and skills!
User and business benefits
- Faster and better personnel training. Continuous personnel training and qualification testing
- Less human errors. Practicing skills in standard and emergency situations
- Reduced risk of injuries and equipment damage. Increased awareness when operating real equipment
NNTC creates a product that really adds value: we identify business needs, design architecture, develop a simulator, scale it, and embed it in a business process. Are you interested in such VR training for your company? Contact us!